Harring House - 914 15TH ST

 Print Listing Historical Name - Hill House
Style - Late 19th and Early 20th Century American Movements/Prairie Style
Built Year - 1924-25
State ID - 5WL3118

Description - The Hill House is a square-shaped, with addition, Vernacular Prairie style residence. The two-storey stucco building has a composition shingle hipped roof. Roof features include wide, over hanging eaves and cornice-line brackets. It has a concrete foundation and stucco exterior. The main facade is broken into two bays and contains an off-center entrance. A wood belt course runs around the building, dividing the two stories. The entrance is covered by a shed roof hood with triangular knee-braces. Windows feature in sets of two and are four-over-one double hung, set in wood surrounds. The brick chimney is located on the rear (south) slope of the roof.

Historical Background - Originally owned by J. Willis Hill, the house remained in the family until the death of Mrs. Lillian Hill in 1973. Mr. Hill preceded her in death in 1932. The home had only one more resident, Leroy Hait, through the 1980s.