Rea House - 2435 10th Avenue Court

 Print Listing Historical Name - Taylor House; DeBeque House; Grove House
Style - No Style
Built Year - 1949
State ID - 5WL4980

Description - The single-story wood frame house at 2435 10th Avenue Court measures 32' N-S by 22' E-W. It is supported by a low painted white concrete foundation, and its exterior walls are covered with white horizontal aluminum siding, with vertical wood siding in the upper gable ends. The side-gabled roof is moderately-pitched, and is covered with asphalt composition shingles. The eaves are closed with painted grey wood trim. There is no chimney. The home's windows are entirely single or paired 1/1 and 2/2 double-hung sash, with painted grey wood frames and surrounds. A painted white wood-paneled front door, with four small upper sash lights, and with an aluminum storm door, enters the fa├žade (east elevation) from the front porch which measures 17' by 4'. The porch is approached by two concrete steps, and features a concrete floor, a grey wrought iron railing, grey wrought iron posts, and a shed roof. An original 4' by 4' enclosed gabled side entry porch is located at the east end of the north elevation. An aluminum storm door leads into the porch from a concrete sidewalk. A painted white wood-paneled door, with four upper sash lights, leads from within the porch into the home's interior.

Historical Background - Weld County Assessor records indicate that this house was built in 1949, and Greeley city directories reveal that it was occupied by several families from the early 1950s to 1983. the William H. Taylor family, who lived here in the early 1950s, are the earliest known residents. This family was followed by Armand DeBeque in the mid-1950s, and by Lyle E. and Ruth (Scoggan) Groves in the late 1950s. Mr. and Mrs. Groves came to Greeley from Scottsbluff, Nebraska in the early 1950s. They had two children - a daughter named Joy, and a son named Lyle Jr. who was born July 5, 1949. Lyle Groves Jr. passed away, the result of a tractor accident, in May of 1991. Residents of this property in the 1960s included H.M. Anderson, Mr. and Mrs. Donald E. Parson, and Mrs. Josephine Koliha. Don Parsons, who lived and owned here with his wife Norma between circa 1962 and 1966, was born in McDonald, Kansas on July 17, 1936. The Parsons lived in Greeley until 1977 when they moved to Federal Way, Washington. Mr. Parsons passed away there in July of 1986 at the relatively young age of 49. He was survived by his wife, Norma, two daughters and two sons, Kelle (Stratton), Erin, Wilmer and Brian. Mr. Parsons was engaged in the lawn and sprinkler business in Greeley and in Federal Way. During the 1970s and early 1980s, the property was owned by Melvin Kasai who maintained it as a rental . Residents during these years including Dannye C. Sinele, Sean K. Gallagher, and Rita Stewart. In 1983, Kasai sold the property to Charles and Donna Rae. Mr. and Mrs. Rae lived here together for more than two decades, until Charles passed away in April 2005. Mrs. Rae continues to live and own here as of 2005. She is employed in the food service department at the Northern Colorado Medical Center. Charles had also been employed by the hospital as a maintenance engineer. Charles and Donna were married in 1980, the second marriage for both.