Agan House - 2412 11th Avenue

 Print Listing Historical Name - Miller House
Style - Ranch Type
Built Year - 1950
State ID - 5WL4994

Description - The single-story wood frame Ranch style dwelling at 2412 11th Avenue measures 32' N-S (across) by 22' E-W (deep), with a 16' N-S by 30' E-W attached garage at the north end of the dwelling. A small, 4' by 8' shed-roofed addition is located at the west end of the garage's north elevation. The building is supported by a low unpainted concrete foundation, and its exterior walls are clad with grey horizontal vinyl siding. The side-gabled roof is moderately pitched, and is covered with black asphalt shingles. The eaves are boxed with painted white wood trim, although with a minimal overhang. There is no chimney. A single-light fixed-pane octagon window penetrates the north end of the façade wall on the west elevation. The home's windows elsewhere are primarily single and paired 2/2 double-hung sash with painted white wood frames and surrounds. A painted blue wood-paneled front door, with a leaded glass upper sash light, and covered by a glass-in-synthetic-frame storm door, enters the house on the façade. This door leads into the house from a 6' by 4' 2-step concrete porch covered by a gabled porch roof, with curved knee brace supports, and with a scalloped porch eave. A rear entry door enters the house on the east elevation. A painted white wood-paneled overhead garage door provides vehicular access to the garage at the north end of the façade. This door opens onto a concrete driveway which extends to 11th Avenue to the west.

Historical Background - Weld County Assessor records indicate that this house with an attached garage was built in 1950. Louise Miller who is listed at this address in the 1952 Greeley city directory, is the earliest known resident. Subsequent city directories, in 1954 and 1956, indicate that the property was owned and occupied by Oscar E. Miller. The relationship, if any, between Louise Miller and Oscar Miller has not been thoroughly researched. Between circa 1957 and the late 1960's, this property was owned and occupied by the R.R. Waters family. According to city directories, there were three members in the Waters family. From 1970s to the present (2006), the property has primarily served as a rental. Weld County Assessor records indicate that Kevin Agan, the current owner, has held the property since April of 1993. City directories indicate that Mr. Agan lived in the house in the mid-to-late 1990s; however, in other years he has evidently maintained it as a rental. Previous owners, who also maintained the property as a rental, included D. Holmes, in the late 1960s, and Mary Otten in the late 1980s. A few of the tenants were Harold Hohmann (late 1960s), George Laswell (mid-1970s), C.R. Bowman (1980s), and Jason Oswald (early 2000s)