Lechuga House - 901 25th Street

 Print Listing Historical Name - Marcy House
Style - Ranch Type
Built Year - 1957
State ID - 5WL5003

Description - The single story wood frame residence at 901 25th Street measures 54' N-S (deep) by 38' E-W (across). Included in these dimensions are the original (1957) L-shaped dwelling, and a 12' N-S by 25' E-W attached garage which was built onto the house's north elevation in 1975. The house is supported by a low concrete foundation, and its walls are clad with white horizontal vinyl siding, with diagonal vinyl siding in the upper gable ends. The gabled roof is low-pitched, covered with grey asphalt composition shingles, and the eaves are boxed with white vinyl or metal trim. There is no chimney. Two single-light fixed-pane windows, with flanking single-light casement windows, are respectively located at the south end of the east elevation and at the east end of the south elevation. A 3-light fixed-pane window penetrates the garage wall on the north elevation. Elsewhere, the home's windows are predominately single-light casements, set in metal frames, and with decorative blue wood shutters. Most windows have been altered from their original appearance. A painted white wood-paneled front door, covered by a black storm door, enters the house on the south elevation. This door lead into the house from a 5' by 12', 2-step, concrete porch, covered by a gabled roof with black wrought iron supports. A painted white 15-light glass-in-wood-frame door, with flanking 15-light sidelights, enters the house on the east elevation from a covered brick portico. A white metal roll-away garage door at the north end of the east elevation provides vehicular access to the garage via a concrete driveway which extends to 9th Avenue to the east.

Historical Background - Weld County Assessor records indicate that this house was built in 1957, with the attached garage added on in 1975. According to Greeley city directories, the property was owned and occupied by Chester L. and Opal V. Marcy through the early 1970s. Mr. Marcy was retired by the late 1950s, according to the directories. Biographical information regarding the Marcy family was not located in obituary files at the City of Greeley Museum. Leslie J. Zybach then resided here in the early-to-mid-1970s, followed by Fred Stull, who owned and lived here in the late 1970s and very early 1980s. The property then became a rental until circa 1984 when it was acquired by William L. Zuper. Zuper owned and lived here for about ten years, before ceding the property to A. Lucero. Presently, in 2006, the property, is owned and occupied by Jaime Fernando Lechuga.